Thursday, April 3, 2014

Bighorn Canyon Artist-In-Residence

I am thrilled to announce my acceptance for an Artist-in-Residence position at the Bighorn Canyon Recreation Area in Wyoming. During this two week residency, I will camp at Trail Creek Campground and spend my days painting the wild horses that live there and the landscape they call home. This area is the base range of the Pryor Mountain horses and is home to Big Horn sheep, deer, elk and Black Bear.

It is an  honor to receive this opportunity within the National Park system and to focus on my passion. I will update as I get closer to July, and post updates here.

"Mountain Top at Dusk"

2 comments:

Cindy said...

This is such a wonderful opportunity for you….looks like a truly beautiful and inspiring place to focus on your work! I am so happy for you!

Karen McLain said...

Thank you Cindy! I am deeply honored by the opportunity.