Monday, July 2, 2012

A Wild Horse named Apache

Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom

 As a result of my trips out to visit the wild horse herds in AZ, CO and NM, I am doing a series of small portraits. My goal is to give an intimate glimpse into individual horses and my visual and emotional response to their beauty. The paintings are on cradled wood, so they can be easily hung or placed as freestanding art. Shipping, (with in the continental U.S. is free).

Apache is  a stallion at the Sand Wash Basin, CO.  This summer I watched him dog a band attempting to steal some mares. Although he is a smaller stallion, he took on much larger stallions. I admired his courage and determination as he pursued  his task. This spunky stallion has what it takes to be a wild horse!

"Apache" 
8x10
Oil on cradled wood
SOLD

No comments: