Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bugs, the Watchful Stallion

Wild Horses, Portraits of Freedom 
 As a result of my trips out to visit the wild horse herds in AZ, CO and NM, I am doing a series of small portraits. My goal is to give an intimate glimpse into individual horses and my visual and emotional response to their beauty. The paintings are on cradled wood, so they can be easily hung or placed as freestanding art. Shipping, (with in the continental U.S.) is free.
"Bugs"  is a wonderful stallion that I love to paint!  I got to see him the past two summers at the Sand Wash Basin range. Bugs band has one of it's members that I got to name-Titanium. (the color of the paint, of course) Plus last summer it was one of his mares that was the subject for a quick field study.  This summer I enjoyed watching as Bugs brought his band into water, and stood watching over them as they got their fill.
"Bugs, the Watchful Stallion"
Oil
8x10
Sold

No comments: