Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vibrant growth and new challenges


I made a commitment to improve my blog and make it inviting and easy to read. So I signed up for the Blog Triage class with Cynthia Morris and Alyson Stanfield. I will be posting my assignments here, so feel free to comment or make suggestions.
I would like to extend an invitation to artists, horse lovers and collectors to stick your head in and say "Hi", and to re-post to this to friends in your network. I write about my Studio and Plein air adventures to share my art world with you. But, in addition to that, I like to make the very personal connection to how I see painting and horsemanship as they reflect each other in my world. I would also like to make this a place that is interesting and inspiring for readers. So some of my future posts will be guest posts that I find inspiring and want to pass along to you as well. The inspiration for my artwork is, "The Heart of the Horse", please join me on my journey!

11 comments:

Hannah Phelps said...

Hi fellow triage patient! Congrats on completing the first assignment. I often paint dogs and I like to write about them in my blog, so I felt a connection to your work immediately. I love the posts about painting the animals from life!

jacksonsgrrl said...

Sounds great! Maybe u can help me with my blog.... its boring! Or maybe that's just my life! Haha!

Tracey Hewitt said...

Hey Karen! Like Hannah - I feel that connection to your work too. I especailly enjoyed your 'mule' post. We don't see mules too much 'down under', but I am fascinated by them. My husband and I travelled in the US last year and noticed mules everywhere! Seems people who have them love them to bits!

Karen McLain said...

Thanks for your support! Mindy, I wish I had your gift with words when I update my blog! Believe me, yours is anything but boring!
It is amazing to be able to see wonderful colors and light when painting from life. It adds something to every other painting I work on in the studio.

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Karen: I'm going to push you a little. I wonder if your audience is bigger than "artists, horse lovers, and collectors." What about digging deeper into the characteristics of a horse lover? I imagine those people also like a certain kind of lifestyle, a particular landscape, a mood, etc. I don't consider myself a horse lover, but it might be the romance of a way of life that would attract me.

merci33 said...

Hi Karen
I'm a fellow triager and I love the focus of your blog...it sounds like a very wonderful life...art and horse what a terrific combo.

Catherines' Art Adventures said...

Hi Karen, I sent your page to one of the artists that was on our Art and Soul Radio show who paints horses too. Amanda Kol. Amanda actually paints large paintings of horses during pop concerts.

So fun to meet you fellow triage patient! Catherine Foster http://fosteringart.wordpress.com

Lanie said...

Great work Karen. What passion and commitment. I love it.

Unknown said...

Considering a larger audience and some descriptive words that might apply. Adventure, freedom, beauty, power, trust, and the romance of living close to horses or the land. Thoughts of a simpler time, a slower pace of life.

Lynn A. Fraley said...

Hi Karen,

Pure delight to view your paintings. You've got a new fan here, I'll be back for sure! Interesting how both of our paths crossed with Mustangs recently, and the Blog Triage class! See you back at the ranch, eh hem, virtual classroom :-)

Nishant said...

Sounds great! Maybe u can help me with my blog
Adsense Alternative