Sunday, September 27, 2009

Getting ready; Exhibit on horses


 "Friendship" SOLD
"Sparring Partners"
"American Mustangs"

SOLD
  "Wild Run"

Anticipation always precedes an exhibit, and this series of paintings has held that feeling and more while working on it. The series, "Among the Mustangs", is a glimpse into the life of a Utah herd that I got to spend some time with last June. Each painting has been a journey in itself. A Soul searching quest into each horse's spirit and relationship with the herd. It is a very intimate look at the powerful, yet peaceful existence of wild horses in their natural environment. The vast openness, quiet beauty, inherent risk and freedom these wild horses symbolize in our history and in our hearts is part of what this series means to me. I hope you enjoy the preview of these paintings in the next few weeks prior to the November 7-8 Exhibit. Please contact me if you have any questions about this series.

10 comments:

StephenieRenee said...

It amazes me at how much feeling and life comes through your paintings. This series is extremely inpirational. I still sit and stare at "Harmony" and feel blessed to own an origianl "McLain"

Karen McLain said...

Thank you Stephenie! I feel very blessed to be able to paint. I really want to connect with my subject and viewer, without You, no painting is complete!

Carol............. said...

My very first horse...eons of years ago was a Mustang. They and Appaloosas are my favorites!....
Well I also like quarter horses, Morgans, drafts........etc. LOL!

Karen McLain said...

I know what you mean Carol! I feel the same way-they are all beautiful!

BALLET NEWS said...

Such movement here ! These are fantastic paintings in poses that you don't often see in horses - especially if you are not around them much. Thanks !

Karen McLain said...

Thank you Elise! I really want to put the feel and life into the paintings that we have with our own horses. That bond and connection that is very powerful, is part of my goal in painting.

midlife slices said...

I left you the message on Twitter before I actually read the blog. I'd only stared at the pictures for a long time....

Beautiful beyond words.

Karen McLain said...

Thank you so much. I wish you could be here for the exhibit, and see them in person!

Cat Kindsfather said...

Hello Karen, I too feel blessed to own some of your original paintings, and especially "Picasso in the Wind" - a masterpiece! Everyday it takes my breath away.

The painting here of the two - a white & a black mustang - I am very interested in if it is still in your possession. Please rsvp asap.

Your new painting of Picasso & his mare & foal, got me sparked & surfing your gallery once again. Another nice one Karen!

Karen McLain said...

The top one, "Friendship" has sold, the others are still available.